Pravrajika Brahmaprana has been a nun of the Vedanta Society of Southern California since January 1973. In 2008 she was posted as the resident minister at the Ramakrishna Vedanta Society of North Texas.
During Brahmaprana’s 40 years of monastic life, she has enjoyed speaking before students—from middle school to post-graduate levels—on Hinduism and its Vedanta philosophy. Baptized and raised in the Episcopal Church, she first learned about Vedanta in the late 1960s, through a Comparative Religions course at Occidental College in Los Angeles. After visiting the Vedanta Temple in Hollywood, she later joined the Vedanta Convent in Santa Barbara, where she spent most of her monastic life.
- Vivekananda, Swami. The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda, vol. 9. Calcutta: Advaita Ashrama, 1997. 609 p.
- Sankaracarya, Sri. Vivekacudamani of Sri Sankaracarya. Translated by Swami Turiyananda. Edited by Pravrajika Brahmaprana. Madras: Sri Ramakrishna Math, 1991. 271 p.
- Atulananda, Swami. With the Swamis in America and India. Edited by Pravrajika Brahmaprana. Calcutta: Advaita Ashrama, 1988. 347 p.
- Monasteries in South India. Compiled and edited by Swami Swahananda. Hollywood: Vedanta Society of Southern California, 1989.
- Prabhavananda, Swami. Bhagavad-Gita commentary (edited work in process).