Pupils of Practical Vedanta
“Pupils of Practical Vedanta” is a valuable education program offered by the Ramakrishna Vedanta Society of North Carolina and is aimed at children and young adults (5-18 years) to help them develop into ethically grounded and morally responsible citizens and better leaders of the future. Built on the philosophy of Practical Vedanta expounded by Swami Vivekananda, the program offers classes in Music, Yoga, and Knowledge, in 30-minute segments, all under one roof. Classes meet on alternate Sundays through the school year.
Click here to go to the program’s own website.
The Ramakrishna Vedanta Society of North Carolina (RKVSNC) is pleased to announce the opening of the Pupils of Practical Vedanta Sunday School program for the year 2021-2022. A value-education program for children aged 5-18 years; the program will meet twice a month on Sundays at the Ramakrishna Vedanta Ashram on 3109 Globe Road, Morrisville, NC 27560. Due to worsening Covid situation, the sessions would be virtual for the first half of the year.
This is the tenth year of the school. We had a great last year, with the children learning Yoga, Music and Character building Knowledge. The students also performed at different forums of the Vedanta Center of NC.
Please find below some key information about the school.
Spiritual and Character Building Knowledge
5 Years-8 Years
9 Years-12 Years
12 Years-18 Years
Enrollment starts immediately and please let us know by filling out the enrollment form or email ASAP if your child will be joining/ continuing from the previous years. Space is limited and is restricted to first come first serve.
Please enroll using this form
Please consider donating $100 (one child ) and $125 (two or more children) to http://vedantanc.org/
Ashish Fadnavis (firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: 913 687 2474)
‘PUPILS OF PRACTICAL VEDANTA’
A VALUE-EDUCATION PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN & YOUNG ADULTS
· One of the key objectives of RKVSNC is to disseminate the teachings of the Vedanta to the younger generation to help develop a future brand of service oriented community and national leaders guided by broad values of ethical living, harmony and inclusion.
· ‘Pupils of Practical Vedanta’ is a value education program offered by RKVSNC and aimed at children and young adults (5-18 years) to help them become better citizens and better leaders of the future.
· Program offers classes in Music, Yoga and Knowledge, all under one roof in 30 minute segments each.
· Instructions are provided by dedicated and highly qualified volunteers with a long-standing association with the teachings of Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.
WHY SHOULD I ENROLL MY CHILD INTO THIS PROGRAM?
· Students will benefit from a rich and varied curriculum, highlighting various aspects of Practical Vedanta, to supplement their regular education.
· They will develop simultaneously in body, mind and spirit to become well-rounded personalities with Self-reliance, Self-confidence, Self-motivation, Self-restraint and Self-sacrifice.
· By learning together with fellow-students, they will develop mutual tolerance and respect, appreciate harmony and develop into sharing and caring individuals.
· Many of the relationships developed in the classes will mature into lifelong friendships.
· Through a non-dogmatic, affirmative and uplifting curriculum, the Pupils of Practical Vedanta will positively impact the local community and help deter juvenile delinquency.
PROGRAM DETAILS AND ENROLLMENT INSTRUCTIONS
· The program will meet two times a month on Sundays from 10am-12 pm virtually for the first half of 2021. Once Covid situation improves, we would meet in the premises of the Ramakrishna Vedanta Ashram at 3109 Globe Road, Morrisville, NC 27560.
· A suggested annual donation ($100 for first child, $125 for two or more children) is requested to cover the costs associated with the program.
Education Council, RKVSNC
First Day of Class
The first day of class for the Vedanta Society’s value education program for children was offered on Sunday, September 26, 2010. The class was attended by 14 students. The first day of class began with the children standing in front of the shrine and reciting a couple of Upanishadic chants. Thereafter, each child offered a flower to Thakur, Maa, and Swamiji and received a tilak on their forehead from Mrs. Santi Dutta who is the mother of one of the teachers and a former principal of a school in India. At the conclusion of this ceremony, the children went to their respective classes and had 30 minutes each of instructions in Music, Yoga, and Knowledge.
While the children were in their classes, their parents assembled in the Library and watched a video entitled “Science and Consciousness – Swami Vivekananda” published by the Mysore center. A brief discussion followed the video.
At the end of classes, the children recited “Brahmarpanam” and received a snack (Oreo cookies and juice) marking the end of their first day. Dr. Uppal came all the way from Goldsboro and met with some of the children, their parents, and the teachers.
Click here to open a PDF about the opening day.