The Ramakrishna Vedanta Society of North Carolina is dedicated to the practice and propagation of the ideals of Vedanta as presented to the modern world by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi, and Swami Vivekananda.
The Society maintains a small but beautiful center near the Raleigh-Durham airport, where daily worship, regular classes, and special pujas are held.
2016 Upcoming Events: Please view the Events page for additional details.
Visiting Swamiji in September 2016: Swami Chidbrahmananda Ji
- Sept 23rd: “Devotional Jamboree”
- Sept 24th: Karma Yoga
- Sept 25th: Talk “Instructions for Diving Deep”
- Sept 26th: Readings and Reflection from Book by Thomas Merton
- Sept 27th: Readings and Reflection on teachings of Holy Mother
Fund raising event in October 2016: Sounak Chattopadhyay
- To support the RKVSNC Center’s land development project
- Saturday, October 1st
- NC Museum of Art, 2110 Blue Ridge Rd, Raleigh, NC 27607
- Sponsorships: Diamond-$1000; Platinum-$500; Gold-$250; Silver-$100
- All general tickets: $25 each
- For tickets, sponsorships and other details please click the flyer on right
The youth program, “Pupils of Practical Vedanta“, trains children and young adults in living according to the ideals of Vedanta.
The Ramakrishna Movement has as its common characteristics certain traditions and values. Some of these are enumerated below:
- No miracle-mongering
- Modern outlook
- Non-sectarian approach
- Love (more…)