The Ramakrishna Vedanta Society of North Carolina is dedicated to the practice and propagation of the ideals of Vedanta as presented to the modern world by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi, and Swami Vivekananda.
The Society maintains a small but beautiful center near the Raleigh-Durham airport, where daily worship, regular classes, and special pujas are held.
Visiting Swamiji in October 2016: Swami Chidbrahmananda Ji
- Oct 7th: Aarti and Devotional jamboree.
- Oct 8th: Silent Meditation
- Oct 9th: Durga Worship; Discourses
- Oct 10th: Aarti and Readings from EternalCompanion
- Oct 11th: Aarti and Guided Meditation
Fund raising event in October 2016: Sounak Chattopadhyay
- To support the RKVSNC Center’s land development project
- Saturday, October 1st
- NC Museum of Art, 2110 Blue Ridge Rd, Raleigh, NC 27607
- Sponsorships: Diamond-$1000; Platinum-$500; Gold-$250; Silver-$100
- All general tickets: $25 each
- For tickets, sponsorships and other details please click the flyer on right
The youth program, “Pupils of Practical Vedanta“, trains children and young adults in living according to the ideals of Vedanta.
The Ramakrishna Movement has as its common characteristics certain traditions and values. Some of these are enumerated below:
- No miracle-mongering
- Modern outlook
- Non-sectarian approach
- Love (more…)