The Ramakrishna Vedanta Society of North Carolina is dedicated to the practice and propagation of the ideals of Vedanta as presented to the modern world by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi, and Swami Vivekananda.
The Society maintains a small but beautiful center near the Raleigh-Durham airport, where daily worship, regular classes, and special pujas are held.
Visiting Swamiji in February : Swami Chidbrahamananda Ji
- Feb 17th: Talk on “Self According to Viveka-Chudamani”
- Feb 18th: Service Oriented Projects
- Feb 19th: Talk on “Traits of Necessity”
- Feb 20th: Reading from “Eternal Companion, Brahmananda, His Life and Teachings”
- Feb 21st: Meditation and Teachings of Holy Mother
Visiting Swamiji from March 3rd-5th:
Details to follow.
The youth program, “Pupils of Practical Vedanta“, trains children and young adults in living according to the ideals of Vedanta.
The Ramakrishna Movement has as its common characteristics certain traditions and values. Some of these are enumerated below:
- No miracle-mongering
- Modern outlook
- Non-sectarian approach
- Love (more…)