The Ramakrishna Vedanta Society of North Carolina is dedicated to the practice and propagation of the ideals of Vedanta as presented to the modern world by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi, and Swami Vivekananda.
The Society maintains a small but beautiful center near the Raleigh-Durham airport, where daily worship, regular classes, and special pujas are held.
2016 Upcoming Events: Please view the Events page for additional details.
Visiting Swamiji in August 2016: Swami Chidbrahmananda Ji
- Friday, August 26th: Aarti and then celebration of Krishna Janamashthmi with Bhajans and Talk “Our Ideal”
- Saturday, August 27th: Planning and Brainstorming session with devotees and friends conducted by Swami Ji for future events
- Sunday, August 28th: Talk “The Most Important Thing”
- Monday, August 29th: Aarti and then talk ” Using Austerity”
- Tuesday, August 30th: Aarti and guided meditation and then Readings from Book” The Teachings of Sarada Devi, The Holy Mother
The youth program, “Pupils of Practical Vedanta“, trains children and young adults in living according to the ideals of Vedanta.
The Ramakrishna Movement has as its common characteristics certain traditions and values. Some of these are enumerated below:
- No miracle-mongering
- Modern outlook
- Non-sectarian approach
- Love (more…)