The Ramakrishna Vedanta Society of North Carolina is dedicated to the practice and propagation of the ideals of Vedanta as presented to the modern world by Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi, and Swami Vivekananda.
The Society maintains a small but beautiful center near the Raleigh-Durham airport, where daily worship, regular classes, and special pujas are held.
Visiting Swamiji in December : Swami Chidbrahamananda Ji
- Dec 23rd: Aarti and Christmas decorating
- Dec 24th: Aarti and Christmas Carols
- Dec 25th: Talk – Who is He
- Dec 26th: Aarti and Readings & Reflection
- Dec 27th: Aarti and Guided Meditation
- Dec 28th: Aarti and Talk – Practical Vedanta
- Dec 29th: Aarti and informal meet with Swamiji
- Dec 30th: Aarti and Knitting class
- Dec 31st: Aarti and Meditation & Readings
- Jan 1st: Talk – Wishing Wisely and Birthday Celebration of Holy Mother & Kalpatru Day
Mark Your Calendar!
The youth program, “Pupils of Practical Vedanta“, trains children and young adults in living according to the ideals of Vedanta.
The Ramakrishna Movement has as its common characteristics certain traditions and values. Some of these are enumerated below:
- No miracle-mongering
- Modern outlook
- Non-sectarian approach
- Love (more…)